Has an old-fashioned short hairstyle ever left you dreaming about long voluminous wavy hair? Has the problem of hair loss been long-time bothering you? Has the glamorous long locks of the runway models ever leave your eye greened?
Hair extensions – as the quickest way to get yourself a stunning long locks, must be the solution! And Lilyhair is here to help, we’ve gathered all the information related to help you find the best hair extensions and make you feel confiden
Different Types Of Hair Extensions & Installation Methods
Temporary Hair Extensions
Temporary hair extensions are easy to install and can be attached in 1-10 minutes. Women mostly use this type of hair extensions for special occasions and can take them off any time after the occasion.
Temporary hair extensions include：Clip-in Hair Extensions, Flip-In Hair Extensions, Magic Ponytail Hair Extension
Permanent Hair Extensions
Permanent hair extensions can usually last from 5 weeks to 8 months, you don’t have to remove them at night like temporary hair extensions do. We can use a variety of methods to attach these extensions, like Keratin, Sew, Glue, and more.
Permanent hair extensions include：Tape-In Hair Extensions, Micro-Ring Hair Extension，Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions, Nano Ring Hair Extensions, Microchet Hair Extensions
Magic Ponytail Hair Extensions are quite simple to apply. They either cover your natural short hair, turning them into a long mane or blend-in with your natural tresses to complete perfection.
Taking less than 1 minute to fit and only 1 second to remove, the magic ponytail hair extension is the shortest way to gorgeous, sophisticated long locks!
4. For other hair extensions If only to make the hair look thicher, a suggestion of 100 to 200 strands would be the best.
Which Length of Hair Extension Should You Get?
- 14 inches (35 cm) and shorter. This length is great if you have shorter hair and want to add volume.
- 16-18 inches (40-45 cm). If you have never used hair extensions before and don’t want to increase the length of your hair too much, consider going with an 18-inch extension.
- 20-22 inches (50-55 cm). This is the most popular length, because these extensions look amazing on almost everyone and can create a “hair goddess” effect.
- 24 inches (60 cm) and longer. For clients who want to achieve the “wow” effect and look like a model from a shampoo commercial.
- For body wave, add an additional 2 inches (5 cm) to the above measurements to achieve a similar look
- For curly hair, add 4 inches (10 cm) to the above measurements to achieve a similar look
- If you are 5.2 feet or shorter, subtract 2 inches (5 cm) for every 0.3 feet (10 cm)
- If you are 5.3-5.5 feet tall, use the above picture as your guide; keep in mind that hair length may vary by person
- If you are 5.6-5.9 feet tall, add 2 inches (5 cm) to the length of the depicted hair extension to achieve a similar look
- If you are 6 feet or taller, add 2 inches (5 cm) to your hair extension for every 0.3 feet (10 cm) to achieve a similar look
Which Texture of Hair Extensions Should You Get?
How to Pick a Right Color For Your Hair Extensions
What are the different types of hair for hair extensions?
Hair that does not have its roots aligned. It may have been collected off the floor, or there may be some other reason they were unable to keep the roots together and running in the same direction. This hair is sold at a much cheaper price than remy hair.
Once the hair arrives at the factory, it is treated in a hydrochloric acid bath to remove the cuticle. Non-remy hair requires a higher concentration of acid since the cuticle runs in both directions. This frequently results in hair with very low moisture content that appears dry and straw-like. We have to understand that non-cuticle human hair means hair that has been fundamentally damaged.
How to Maintain Your Hair Extensions?
About Hair Extension Grades
Like our own hair, extensions are going to shed and tangle. Daily maintenance is of great important and it can minimize shedding and tangles. At the very least, Lilyhair products have a one-year warranty.
2. Can I Dye the Hair Extension?
Of course you can, but try to do it only once. Especially those that have faded before, dyeing your extension an additional time will cause your hair extensions to become damaged or dry.
3. What type of hair is Lilyhair?
Unlike other brands who use the so-called ‘remy hair’ that the most of which actually are fallen hair from the hair salons with no aligned roots or the unidirectional cuticles that ultimately call for the acid bath to remove the cuticles which is extremely hazardous to the hair and would make your hair extension extremely fragile. LilyHair virgin hair is of the highest quality with the cuticles kept intact and hair strands being thicker and stronger. The cuticles would remain intact wash after wash and tangle-free throughout its lifetime.
4. What Hair Products Should I Use?
Remember don’t use strong shampoos that contain chemicals and sulphate, and choose a mild shampoo which can moisturize your hair. Leave in conditioners are another important part of hair care, but don’t go overboard with the products.
5. Can People Tell When I Wear Hair Extensions?
Absolutely not, considered that you blended your hair perfectly. Even you get amazingly voluminous and long hair, and everybody just feel envious.
6. Can I color, tone, or bleach my tape-in hair extensions?
You may color, tone, or bleach your tape-in hair extensions, because they are 100% human hair. But we do not recommend bleaching your lilyhair as they have already been dyed at our manufacture, and forcing bleach on hair that has already been dyed can be difficult.
If you truly want to bleach your tape-in hair extensions, please consider our virgin hair with natural color and not color-treated before. If you would like to dye your hair, please opt for a lighter set to dye darker, rather than a darker set to bleach lighter.
And please be reminded that never try to dye the set yourself at home. Get yourself a professional hair colorist, ideally, someone who has had previous experience working with hair extensions. Test a small piece first before you decide to dye the extensions is always recommended.